Risk Management Unit (RMU) establishes and updates electronic risk-based inspection and control system in order to implement the best practices in the context of cargo and importer processing, utilizing the limited available resources with the highest efficiency , and direct the resources to focus on high risk fields. RMU receives and employs information on determined risky products through border and market inspection to update established plans and systems, consequently (RMU) not only facilitates cargo, trade and investment flow, but it also protects community and people by using better intelligent methodologies.
The Head of the Unit : Eng. Hussein Hawajreh
Phone no.: 0096265301225 Ex.: 2045
Email address: Hussein.Hawajreh@JSMO.GOV.JO
Selection and Analysis Division
- Conduct risk assessment on different product sectors, and modifying their inspection percentage on borders within selectivity system in ASYCUDA program.
- Establishing, programing and review risk lists and criteria continuously within selectivity system in ASYCUDA program.
- Improve the source code of selectivity system in ASYCUDA program according to the yearly plan.
- Implement selectivity system in customs centers where SINGLE WINDOW PROJECT has not yet been implemented.
- Execute tasks assigned to JSMO by Intra-agency Risk Management Technical Committees within the scope of risk management.
The Head of the division: Eng. Sawsan AbuHazeem
Phone no. 0096265301225 Ext. 2021
Email Address: Sawsan.AbuHazeem@JSMO.GOV.JO
Intelligence and Control Division
- Receiving and investigating information on dangerous shipments, and taking appropriate measures to reduce the risk of such shipments.
- Preparing and updating the Black List in accordance with the valid Blacklist Instructions, and circulating it to the relevant departments.
- Dealing with the importer listed on the blacklist according to the mechanism specified in the valid blacklist instructions, circulars and decisions issued by JSMO.
- Following up the uncompleted and the unsettled customs declarations to take the necessary measures to enforce importers to complete them, and in case of incompletion apply the proper formal measures against them.
- Execute import card operation (deactivate and activate the import card) through Import Card Electronic System.
- Providing the relevant departments in JSMO with customs transactions reports to take their legal measures against them.
Compliance Assessmet Division
- Implementing the Compliant Trader Program instructions by receiving joining and re-joining applications, ensuring that requirements are met, granting facilities, and taking action in the event of violations.
- Promoting the Compliant Trader program by holding workshops and training workshops for JSMO employees about the program.
- Execute JSMO’s obligations and tasks within the national golden list program in cooperation with partners in the Single Window.
The Head of the division: Sawsan AbuRagheb
Phone no. 0096265301225 Ext. 2045
Email Address: Sawsan.AboAl-Ragheb@JSMO.GOV.JO