The Metrology Department acts as a national metrological supervision, as it is responsible for supervision on the implementation of a national metrology system in accordance with international requirements and available national capabilities, in order to ensure national standard measurements that are internationally recognized, as the directorate provides a Calibration services for measurement instruments and a Verification of legal measurement instruments, in addition to following up of complaints received regarding measuring instruments.
Department undertakes that all verification and testing results are
confidential unless it’s been required by the regulatory or legal
Mass And Balance Division
• Calibrating the weights of class M1, 2 , 3 up to 1000 kg.
• Calibrating Non – Balance for all classes , up to 60,000 kg.
• Periodic and sudden verification of jewelry Balances.
• Sudden verification of trade Balances.
• Sudden verification of the bridge Balances.
• Initial verification of imported Balances.
• Follow up on complaints received on weight set and Balances.
The Head of the Division: Abdullah Gheniemat
Phone no. 0096265301225 Ext. 2107
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blood pressure, Clinical thermometers and Length Division
• Initial verification of imported pressure, temperature, and length instruments that held in customs transactions ( such as : medical blood pressure gauges , tire pressure gauges, medical thermometers and length measuring instruments).
• Periodic verification of medical blood pressure devices in hospitals and health centers.
• Follow up on complaints received on pressure, temperature and length instruments.
The Head of the Division: Abdullah Bani Khalid
Phone no. 0096265301225 Ext. 2100
Email Address: email@example.com
• Sudden verification of prepackages or by request from the customer.
• Initial verification of imported prepackages that held in customs transactions.
• Initial verification of imported laboratory volumetric instruments that held in customs transactions.
• Calibration of laboratory volumetric instruments.
• Follow up on complaints received on prepackages.
The Head ofthe Division: Mohammad Al-Alwan
Phone no. 0096265301225 Ext. 2126
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fuels and Volumes Division
• Periodic and sudden and after maintenance verification of metering systems in fuel stations and fuel distribution tanks.
• Verification of the quality of petroleum products in fuel stations , fuel distribution tanks and fuel storage depots.
• Verification of LPG cylinders at gas fillers, agencies, warehouses and cars.
• Follow up on complaints received on fuel stations, fuel distribution tanks and LPG cylinders.
• Licensing and renewal of licenses for repair, installation and maintenance of tanker meters workshops
Acting Head of the Division: abdulbari alfalahat
Phone : 009624900393
Email Address: email@example.com
• Periodic and sudden and after the maintenance verification of the taximeter.
• Licensing and renewal of licenses for repair, installation and maintenance of taximeters.
• Follow up on complaints received on taximeters.
Acting Head of the Division: Raed Abu Sharkh
Phone : 009624900393
Email Address: Raed.AbuSharkh@JSMO.GOV.JO